In the last days we get a new software version for the MSM controller and the HP Unified Solution and a new AP, the HP 525 dual-radio 802.11ac AP.
MSM Version 6.5
The released MSM version 6.5 brings support for the HP 560 802.11ac AP and the autonomous mode for this AP. Now, you can run the AP in the autonomous mode to do site surveys. How to convert the AP from unified to MSM can be found here:
The new MSM version also brings support for 802.11w on the HP560 AP only. All other AP’s did not support 802.11w, currently. Another enhancement in this release is the new “Configure initial controller settings” wizard which starts automatically after you connect to a new or factory restored controller.
If you are not running version 22.214.171.124 or later you have to do two-step upgrade. Upgrade to 126.96.36.199 first and then to 188.8.131.52.
The new MSM version is available on the HP web page for entitled customers:
HP Unified P32
The new P32 release for the Unified controller is mostly a bug fix release, but also brings some enhancements:
- New feature: Centralized forwarding for client DHCP packets
- New feature: Separate IPv6 prefix assignment for each client
- New feature: Weak signal strength inform
- Modified feature: WLAN optimization configuration (seperate settings for 2.4
and 5 GHz)
- New feature: TCP fragment attack protection
- Modified feature: Client cache aging time
- Modified feature: 802.1X authentication timers
- New feature: Web configuration for IPSec
- New feature: WeChat authentication
- Modified feature: Importing certificates in P12 format
- New feature: Configuring attack detection for WIPS (Honeypot APs,Spoofed deauthentication frames, Man In the Middle (MITM) attacks, Clients with the 40 MHz bandwidth mode disabled, Wireless bridges)
For the HP 850 and the HP 870 controller, HP added the support for DAC cable to connect those controller easy with 10GB connections.
HP 850/870 Direct Attached Cable support:
HP X240 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 0.65m Direct Attach Copper Cable (JD095C)
HP X240 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 1.2m Direct Attach Copper Cable (JD096C)
HP X240 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable (JD097C)
The software can be downloaded from the HP web page:
HP 525 Dual-Radio 802.11ac AP
HP also introduce a new 802.11ac dual-radio AP, the HP 525. Currently, the HP 525 is only supported on the unified controller starting with software release P32. The HP 525 is dual-radio 2×2 MIMO AP and comes with two ethernet ports. One of them can be used for PoE, to power the AP. You can also use a separate power supply. The HP 525 has also external antenna connectors to use external antennas instead of the internal one. For more details, head over to the product page on the HP web page: