Today, I will share some Information about the new HP Cloud-Managed Networking Solution, which will be available in this Month (21.07.2014) to all customers. This Solution will consist of a controller in the Cloud and very easy to install AP’s. The main benefit, you do not have to buy a controller, which is especially for small to medium installations the showstopper for an enterprise class WLAN solution.
The HP Cloud-Managed Networking Solution brings those main benefits:
- Remote Troubleshooting
- Simplified Deployment
- One-Click Provisioning
In the first version we will see 3 AP’s which will cover the most customer situations. The new HP Cloud-Managed Networking AP’s will have the same features as the current shipping ones but will only work with the Cloud controller. The AP’s are:
- HP 365 802.11ac Cloud-Managed Access Points (this is the 802.11ac AP)
- HP 355 802.11n Cloud-Managed Access Points (this is the 802.11n AP)
- HP 350 802.11n Cloud-Managed Access Points (this is the 802.11n AP with 2×2 MIMO)
They share the same key features:
- Wi-Fi Clear Connect RF optimization
- Integrated IDS rogue detection
- Application awareness and integrated device fingerprinting
- Motion Aware roaming
- Centralized firmware upgrades
Currently, I did not have any test units, but as soon as I get my handy on them, I will share some more insights.
Below you will find some useful links with more details:
Channel Partner will find more information in the Channel Drop-Box (The Channel Drop Box is discontinued). Please leave your question below as a comment, or contact your HPE Aruba contact.